Sunday, September 18, 2011

Historic Letter

Dear Edward Fox,
It has been too long since we have last talked. I have many things to tell you, to start with there is something imperative I must say, we have arrived at unknown lands, this as I see it is not the settlement of Virginia. Unfortunately, my disposition to argue with the captain has brought me upon the title of a prisoner. I do not know for how long my freedom will be kept away from me.
                    The spontaneous growth of our new settlement has been quite thriving. There are many forests and woods that encompass the colony which are full of animals to hunt, even though I am held as a prisoner I get a share of the food. Last night it seems the captain has forgiven me for my behavior and extricated me from captivity, I instilled that I would work and support the colony with all my efforts for a better life.
                     About the religious freedom, it has been very successful. Our supply of crops have derived from our prayers, it seems to be working, our methods. Every time I pray, memories of my good life in England evoke in my mind, but they do vanish when I remember the King’s guile toward us the Separatists.
                    Oh, I am sorry to not have written to you earlier, a rare sickness is prevalent among men, it is pervading quickly. They really seem to be suffering and it is my duty to help them, it is for the general good of the colony for me to do so. Well, enough about me. How is your life faring? Has King James continued his endeavors to hunt us, the Separatists down? I conjecture that his efforts have been turbulent and that he will stop. If you hear any rumors, please write me back.
 
                                                                                                                                    Yours,
                                                                                                                                              Marco Goyle

2 comments:

  1. Fran!Great job with your letter. Your words were used correctly and I liked the names you chose. You had a minor punctuation error but everything else was good. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Fran, i like the way you start the story the way you say " It has been long since we have last talked" and then you go on by telling him about your life in the colony. WOW 15 vocabulary words, nice!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete