Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Where I'm From


I am from sports,
From Nike and Adidas
I am from the marble floors
(glistening and glistering, cold like ice)
I am from the blue skies
the clear seas
whose reefs I know 
to the core.

I am from the serious minded and the green-eyed,
from Pacho and Lucho
Perez-Salamero
I am from the seaworthy
and the craftsman
From Respect! And Listen!
I am from thank him and praise him.

I am from Panama and Valencia
Rice chicken and Paella
From the fire my Auncle 
set to himself,
the hair my father lost to his triumphs.

Above the mahogany wood
stand old memories,
a breeze of innocent times
to be revived by my imagination.
I am from those times,
which I keep in my heart.


8 comments:

  1. I love it! I know you even better now. Thanks for the peak into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! This poem really explains who you are. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is beautiful! I loved it its so... Francisco. Amazing. My favorite is the second stanza ejfhwefh perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran your poem really represents who you are and I really like your poem

    ReplyDelete
  5. it really good fran, i like the way you put that you are from the sea because i can see that you like the sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woowww!! Well, first of all, I love your use of poetic devices like alliteration and the flow it has when you read it. I think this poem really portrays where you come from and captivates the essence of what you are and all the stories that lie behind a person. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your poem because i can relate to it a lot, and notice that what you are saying is all true

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it, as I said before;however,I know that you can add more. I can't wait to see the revision.

    ReplyDelete